VICTIM ADVOCATE RECRUITMENT
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$17.00 (+some benefits)
- Posted Date:07/11/2018 8:00 AM
- Deadline to Apply:08/02/2018 4:00 PM
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Police and Detective Division Commander, assists victims of crime through the judicial process by providing information regarding the legal process, investigation process, and resources such as shelter, treatment, education, legal assistance, and financial aid. The Victim Advocate may be asked to respond to hospitals, crime scenes, and other locations to assist crime victims. The Victim Advocate will recruit and supervise Victim Advocate community volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or closely related field required
- Possess a Utah driver’s license
- Good moral character as determined by a background investigation.
- Free of any physical, emotional or mental conditions, which might adversely affect the performance of duty as a victim advocate
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and be computer literate.
1. State Licensed Social Worker
2. Fluent in English and Spanish
Method of Selection / Testing Process
-Oral Board Interview
-Situational Exercise / Possible Use of Personality Assessment Instrument
-Extensive Background Investigation
-Final Interview with Chief of Police or Lieutenant
Applications can be obtained at the North Ogden Human Resources Department, 505 E. 2600 N., North Ogden, Utah 84414, or www.northogdencity.com. Submit the completed application and resume in person to 505 E. 2600 N., North Ogden, Utah 84414 to Annette Spendlove, or email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 2, 2018 by 4pm at the office of the Human Resource Director