Building a new home requires a Building Permit which can be obtained at the City Office at 505 East 2600 North, just southeast of the county library.
Residential permit requires two sets of plans containing the following information as a minimum.
1. Site or plot plan
2. Footing and foundation plan
3. Floor plan each level with plumbing, mechanical, and electrical layouts
4. Elevations (front, sides and rear views)
5. Construction details, cross sections, and stair details
6. Roof truss or rafter and floor joist layouts
7. An energy analysis report showing that the building complies with the Model Energy Code
8. All plans must be stamped by a licensed Engineer in the State of Utah
9. Copy of receipt for payment of secondary water