What about inspections?
The permit holder needs to call for inspections at specific times during the construction. We require 24 hours notice on all inspections. The following are the inspections that are required in North Ogden City.
- Sewer and water service lines: When the lines are installed from the road to the structure before the excavation is covered
- Footing: When excavation is complete, the forms and reinforcement steel are in place but before any concrete is poured
- Foundation: When forms and reinforcing steel are in place, but before any concrete is poured
- Underground/Under slab: When underground plumbing and heating is in place but before the pipes are buried and the floor slab is poured
- Rough 4-way: When the wiring, plumbing and heating are installed and the framing is complete. 4-way inspection includes the following:
- Framing: When all roof, walls, floor framing, fire stopping, and bracing are complete
- Electrical: Rough wiring: Before any part of the work is concealed
- Plumbing Inspection: Rough plumbing: Before any part of the work is concealed
- Heating and Refrigeration Inspection: Rough heating and refrigeration: Before any part of the work is concealed
- Power to panel: Electrical meter is placed and ready to be hooked up
- Sheetrock/Drywall: After nailing and before taping of required firewalls and braced walls
- Flashing: Before or after the 4-way; before any brick or stucco is installed on a foundation ledge
- Final Inspection: When all work is completed and prior to the home being occupied
Should you have any questions regarding these inspections, you may contact our Building Inspectors at 801-737-2213 or 801-737-2214.