STORM WATER POLLUTION PREVENTION IS EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY
If you notice illegal dumping please call North View Fire District 801-629-8221 immediately.
See how you play a part in North Ogden City's Storm Water Management Plan.
HOUSEHOLD AND HOME MAINTENANCE
- Buy household products such as cleaners and furniture polish labeled "non-toxic". Use small quantities and purchase only the amount you need.
- Follow manufacturer's recommendations for use and storage of all toxic products, including cleaners, solvents and paints.
- Properly dispose of household hazardous wastes (any toxic substances) at solid waste facilities.
- Rinse paint brushes in the sink. Filter and reuse paint thinner or brush cleaners. Dispose of used materials at a hazardous materials collection event.
- Recycle reusable materials. Throw litter into trash cans and keep cans tightly covered to prevent foraging by neighborhood animals.
LAWN AND GARDEN
- Minimize the use of pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers; apply carefully and sweep up excess.
- Use a broom rather than a hose to clean up sidewalks and driveways. Do not hose down gutter.
- Deposit leaves and clippings in a garbage can or a compost pile.
- Divert rain spouts and garden hoses from paved surfaces onto grass or garden areas to allow filtration through the soil. Water only your lawn and garden.
- Control sediment migration and erosion, don't let it reach the gutter, sweep up and re-use it.
- Do not over-water -- Don't be a "gutterflooder".
- Pick-up, bag and dispose of pet waste in a garbage can.
- Recycle used motor oil and antifreeze at automotive centers.
- Have your car inspected and maintained regularly to reduce leakage of oil, antifreeze and other fluids.
- Reduce automotive emissions through regular auto maintenance, ride sharing, and by using public transportation.
- Conserve water when washing your car and use biodegradable soap.
- Non-point source pollution comes from many sources and its control is everyone’s responsibility. Pollution prevention and good housekeeping practices are essential to reducing non-point source pollution. From the individual gardener to the public official, everyone has a stake in protecting our resources. The best place to get started is your own backyard and garage.
USED OIL COLLECTION
- North Ogden City no longer takes used oil.
- Auto Zone located at 2550 North 400 East will take up to 5 gallons per week. They also take power steering fluid and brake fluid.
- Jiffy Lube located at 2381 North 400 East will take 2 gallons per day per customer.
Storm Water Superintendent