What about inspections?
The permit holder needs to call for inspections at specific times during the construction. We require a minimum of 24 hours notice on all inspections. The following are the inspections that are required in North Ogden City.
- Sewer and water service lines: When the lines are installed from the road to the structure before the excavation is covered
- Footing: When excavation is complete, the forms and reinforcement steel are in place but before any concrete is poured
- Foundation: When forms and reinforcing steel are in place, but before any concrete is poured
- Underground/Under slab: When underground plumbing and heating is in place but before the pipes are buried and the floor slab is poured
- Rough 4-way: When the wiring, plumbing and heating are installed and the framing is complete. 4-way inspection includes the following:
- Framing: When all roof, walls, floor framing, fire stopping, and bracing are complete
- Electrical: Rough wiring: Before any part of the work is concealed
- Plumbing Inspection: Rough plumbing: Before any part of the work is concealed
- Heating and Refrigeration Inspection: Rough heating and refrigeration: Before any part of the work is concealed
- Power to panel: Electrical meter is placed and ready to be hooked up
- Sheetrock/Drywall: After nailing and before taping of required firewalls and braced walls
- Flashing: Before or after the 4-way; before any brick or stucco is installed on a foundation ledge
- Final Inspection: When all work is completed and prior to the home being occupied
Should you have any questions regarding these inspections, you may contact our Building Department at 801-737-2213.